I hope the you read the previous post regarding the skill you must master, and also get visited Keith Ferrzzi’s website at www.nevereatalone.com. Here are the summaries for two chapters.
Chapter three: Turning connection into Compatriots.
- The only way to get anyone to do anything is to recognize their importance and thereby make them feel important. That’s everyone’s desire.
- In your initial conversation with someone, find out what motivates them and follow up from there.
- 80 % of building and maintianing relationships is just staying in touch.
- You can be more successful in two months by becoming really interested in other people’s success than you can in two years trying to get people interested in your success – Dale Carnegie.
- Learn to become indispensible by start thinking about how to make other people successful, e.g when someone mentions a problem, try to think of solutions.
Chapter four: Trading up and giving back.
- Be interesting…..people tend to hire people they like and they think can make them and their companies successful.
- There is no better way to learn something and become an expert at it than to have to teach it.
- Identify the people in your industy who are successful and try to connect with them.
- Develop a niche. Preferrably an area that is underserved and/or unattended.
- Consider writing articles for your publications.
- There is no substitute for personal initiative
Hope you enjoy the summary. I will be several posts referencing this skill set and I hope I have nudge you in the direction of learing more about it.
Andy G. Rodie